The complete tooth replacement package.
Why Are Dental Implants So Popular?
There are a few choices to replace the visible part of a missing tooth: a crown, bridge, or denture.
However, the only way to replace a missing tooth’s root is with a dental implant, which is then secured to one of the above restorations. Why is this important?
A restoration secured to a dental implant will:
Contact our restorative dentists, Dr. Archambault and Dr. Boig Larkum, to see if dental implants are right for you.
Why You'll Love Dental Implants
Even though dental implants cost more upfront, they’ll end up saving you money in the long run because they can last a lifetime (with proper care), help prevent dental problems, and don’t require ongoing maintenance.
A dental implant consists of a small titanium post that’s biocompatible and fuses with your jawbone to create a permanent foundation for a crown, bridge, or denture (no adhesives or uncomfortable moving restorations!).
No one will know you have an implant – that’s how natural it’ll look. Plus, by stimulating bone growth with the implant, you’ll keep your face structure supported, which prevents that sunken look and keeps you looking youthful.
I was referred to them by a friend, and I’m so glad I switched to their practice. The staff and overall experience were top notch, and they did a wonderful job at taking the anxiety out of a dental visit. I absolutely recommend Elm Family Dentistry to anybody looking for a new dentist!
Nathaniel S., 5-Star Google Review
Dental Implant FAQs
Answered by our restorative dentists in West Springfield, MA.
- What are the steps in getting a dental implant?
Here’s a typical example of what to expect with dental implants in West Springfield, MA:
- Consultation: You’ll meet with one of our dentists to determine if you’re a dental implant candidate. We’ll also discuss your treatment in full detail, including timeline, costs, type of restoration, etc.
- Implant placement: You’ll visit our trusted specialist to have your implant placed.
- Healing: It takes 3-6 months on average for an implant to fuse with your bone.
- Restoration: We’ll place your custom-crafted restoration on top of your implant. You’ll leave our office with your newly restored smile!
This timeline does vary from case to case. To outline your exact treatment plan, please contact us for a consultation.
- How painful is implant surgery?
Dental implant surgery is not painful. You may feel slight pressure, but you’ll be numbed, so that won’t hurt.
The local implant specialists we work with use modern technology to plan and place your dental implant, making the procedure significantly more comfortable and fast.
- How do you take care of dental implants?
It’s very easy to take care of a dental implant. Here’s a general overview:
- Brush your teeth twice per day with a soft-bristled toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste.
- Make sure you brush under and around the implant restoration.
- Floss your teeth at least once per day with unwaxed tape or implant-specific floss.
- Make sure you floss around the implant post.
- Visit us for cleanings and exams as instructed, which is typically every six months.
Depending on your type of restoration, these instructions may vary.
- How much do dental implants cost in Massachusetts?
It depends. Every case is different.
For example, if you need a bone graft beforehand, so you have enough bone to secure an implant, it’ll cost more.
Rest assured, we don’t want costs stopping you from restoring your smile and confidence! We offer financing options, including CareCredit… This text opens a new tab to the CareCredit website…, and accept dental insurance.
To discuss your treatment in full detail, including costs, schedule a complimentary consultation or second opinion.
Our office is located in West Springfield… opens in a new window to Google Maps… and serves patients from surrounding communities, including Springfield, Agawam, Westfield, Holyoke, Chicopee, Longmeadow, East Longmeadow, South Hadley, and beyond.